Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wellborn Revisited






When I pulled up to that building it all started flooding back to me. It's been two years since I've seen it. All the fond memories I had when I spent that two solid weeks of volunteer effort to paint those three sides of a small town community center. I thought that it certainly would have faded by now, but it was just as fresh and as beautiful as when I painted it. Heh, I guess the trees of Yazbec will never die. It just, it reminded me of a few things, the first was how much I absolutely love doing what I do, the second was that it was just plain fun, and the third was the feeling that It didn't matter that it was volunteer work. If I could do this for the rest of my life and get by without making a single cent I wouldn't complain at all. This is something that I want to do for people, to give them a piece of something so very dear and familiar to me, something that they could enjoy for a lifetime (or at least until they painted over it lol). So anyways, glad once again to have regaled you all with heartwarming tales and memories from my brain to your face. I appreciate you all participating. Also, "The big picture" (YazbecArts) is in full swing, so if you want a new look for your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, kids room, play room, I mean all manner of home and business decor. Lemme know, my rates are very low, if I could do it for free I would, unfortunately there is the matter of gas and materials, just let me know if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment